Regalo Easy Step 38.5-Inch Extra Wide Walk Thru Baby Gate, Includes 6-Inch Extension Kit, 4 Pack Pressure Mount Kit, 4 Pack Wall Cups And Mounting Kit
- Extra Wide Expands To Fit Openings Between 29-34 And 35-38.5 Inches Wide. Stands 30 Inches Tall. Please Be Sure Measure Your Opening Prior To Purchase To Ensure Proper Fit. Note This Gate Will Not Fit An Opening Between 34-35 Inch.
- Easy To Use And Set Up Pressure Mount Design That Is Quick To Set Up. Please Note Before Installation There Will Be A Gap Between The Gate Latch And The Frame Which Is Not A Defect And It Is Not Bent. This Gap Will Be Eliminated Once Installed.
- Adjustable Includes A 6-Inch Wide Extension Kit And 4 Pressure Mount Spindle Rods. Perfect For Doorway Hallway And Bottom Of Stair Use. Gate Can Quickly Be Removed Out Of The Opening For Easy Storage. Additional Extensions Sold Separately.Wipes Clean.Do Not Use Abrasive Cleaners Or Bleach
- Durable And Convenient The All Steel Design Is Durable And Convenient With A Walk-Through Door. Certified To Both Jpma And Astm Standards. Notethe Gap Between The Gate And Wall Should Not Exceed More Than 2.5 Inches
- Safety Includes Multiple Safety-Lock Features Four Wall Cups For Added Security And Mounting Hardware. Please Note Gate Frame Is Design To Be Assembled At All Times. Perfect For Children 6-24 Months. Great For Pets Too.
The Regalo Easy Step 38.5-Inch Extra Wide Walk Thru Baby Gate is perfect for parents who want to keep their children safe and secure. The gate is certified to both JPMA and ASTM standards, and includes multiple safety-lock features. The gate frame can be assembled at all times to ensure maximum safety for your child. The gate is also perfect for pets.
Regalo 2-In-1 Stairway And Hallway Wall Mounted Baby Gate, Bonus Kit, Includes Banister And Wall Mounting Kit
- Extra Wide Expands To Stairways And Openings Between 29-43 Inches Wide. Stands 30.5 Inches Tall. Wall Mounted Gate.
- Value Bundle Includes Gate Mounted Level Poles Banister Corner Protectors (16) Square Banister Adapters (4) Plastic Wall Spacers (6) Round Banister Adapters (1) And Wall Mounting Hardware
- Adjustable Perfect For Doorway Hallway And Top Or Bottom Of Stair Use. Gate Can Quickly Be Removed Out Of The Opening For Easy Storage.Wipes Clean
- Durable And Convenient The All Steel Design Is Durable And Convenient With A Walk-Through Door. Please See Pdf User Guide For Set Up Assistance.No Assembly Required
- Safety Designed With Safety-Lock Meets All Safety Standard. Hardware Mounted Added Security. Perfect For Children 6-24 Months. Great For Pets Too.
Regalo 2-in-1 Stairway and Hallway Wall Mounted Baby Gate, Bonus Kit, Includes Banister and Wall Mounting Kit EXTRA WIDE: Expands to stairways and openings between 29-43 inches wide. Stands 30.5 inches tall. Wall mounted gate. VALUE BUNDLE: Includes gate, mounted level poles, banister corner protectors (16), square banister adapters (4), plastic wall spacers (6), round banister adapters (1), and wall mounting hardware ADJUSTABLE: Perfect for doorway, hallway and top or bottom of stair use. Gate can quickly be removed out of the opening for easy storage.Wipes clean DURABLE AND CONVENIENT: The all steel design is durable and convenient with a walk-through door. Please see PDF user guide for set up assistance.No Assembly Required SAFETY: Designed with safety-lock, meets all safety standard. Hardware mounted added security. Perfect for children 6-24 months. Great for pets too.
Momcozy Retractable Baby Gate, 33″ Tall, Extends Up To 55″ Wide, Child Safety Baby Gates For Stairs, Doorways, Hallways, Indoor, Outdoor
- Positive Item 1
- Positive Item 2
- Negative Item 1
- Negative Item 2
Do you have a curious baby who loves to explore? Then Momcozy Retractable Baby Gate is perfect for you! This gate features a double locking mechanism to create a safe home for your little one, and can be adjusted to fit your openings according to your needs. Plus, the mesh can be completely retracted away when not in use, saving space in your home.
Munchkin Auto Close Modern Pressure Mounted Baby Gate For Stairs, Hallways And Doors, Walk Through With Door, Dark Wood And Silver Metal
- Measures 29.5 Tall And 29.5 – 40.5 Wide With The Included (1) 2.75 And (1) 5.5” Extensions (Fits Up To 54 Wide With If Additional Extensions Are Purchased). Measure Your Desired Opening Prior To Purchase To Ensure A Proper Fit.
- Pressure-Fit Baby Gate With Hardware Mounting Kit Included For Added Safety – Great For Use In Doorways And Stairs Suitable For Children 6 To 24 Months
- Easy To Open – Pull And Lift Handle For Easy One Handed Adult Opening
- Easy To Close – Simply Push Gate To Close And Lock – Automatic Self-Closing Hinge Uses Gravity To Close Door By Itself While Wood Door Offers A Quieter Close Than Metal Gates.Use Mild Soap And Wipe With A Damp Cloth
- Extra-Wide 21.5” Walkthrough Allows For Easy In And Out Access
- Dual-Locking Mechanism Allows Door To Swing In Both Directions And Can Be Set To Open In One Direction With The Optional 3Rd Lock At The Base
- Item Number 46764 Model Number Mk0094-011. Compatible Extension Item/Model #S 2.75 – 34301/Mksa0545 5.5 34302/Mksa054 11 34303/Mksa0547.
- Includes (1) Dark Wood And Silver Metal Auto Close Modern Baby Gate With (1) 2.75 And (1) 5.5” Extensions To Fit Openings Up To 40.5; Additional Extensions Are Available For Purchase On Amazon
- Do Not Use This Gate At Top Or Bottom Of Stairs Without Using All Four Wall Cups. For Maximum Safety Use Four Wall Cups With Sticky Pads And Screws Provided When Installing The Gate In All Locations
Looking for a safe and easy way to keep your child safe and contained in your home? Look no further than the Munchkin Auto Close Modern Pressure Mounted Baby Gate for Stairs, Hallways and Doors, Walk Through with Door. This gate is perfect for use in doorways and stairs, making it a great choice for parents looking for a safe way to keep their children contained. The gate features an automatic self-closing hinge, making it easy to close and lock. Additionally, the wide walkthrough allows for easy access for both you and your child. The gate is also compatible with the Munchkin extension item/model #s: 2.75″ – 34301/MKSA0545, 5.5″ 34302/MKSA054, 11″ 34303/MKSA0547.
Summer Infant 27903Z Banister & Stair Safety Gate With Extra Wide Door, Metal, 31″ – 46″, White, 31-46″
- Positive Item 1
- Positive Item 2
- Negative Item 1
- Negative Item 2
Looking for a safe way to keep your little one safe while they’re playing in the stairs? Look no further than the 27903Z Banister & Stair Safety Gate! This gate features an extra wide door that opens up to 90 degrees, so it can fit perfectly in any stairway. Plus, the directional door stop ensures your little one is extra safe while they’re playing.
Yoofor Retractable Baby Gate, Extra Wide Safety Kids Or Pets Gate, 33” Tall, Extends To 55” Wide, Mesh Safety Dog Gate For Stairs, Indoor, Outdoor, Doorways, Hallways (White, 33″X55″)
- Positive Item 1
- Positive Item 2
- Negative Item 1
- Negative Item 2
The YOOFOR Retractable Baby Gate is perfect for keeping your children safe and contained. With an adjustable width and height, and a simple one-handed operation, this gate is perfect for use in doorways and stairways.
Summer Infant Deluxe Stairway Simple To Secure Wood Gate, 32” Tall Fits Openings Up To 30” To 48” Wide Baby And Pet Gate For Hallways, Doorways And Stairways, Oak
- Accomodates Most Openings – The Summer Deluxe Stairway Simple To Secure Wood Gate For Baby Can Be Used Between Hallways Doorways And Stairways. The 32” Tall Baby Gate Fits Openings Up 30” To 48” Wide
- Easy Installation Easily Install This Baby Gate In Between Hallways Doorways And Stairways With The Included Kit. Use The Unique Precision Fit Template To Ensure Correct Easy Installation – No Measuring Required. Tools Are Required For Hardware Mounting. Self-Locking No
- One Hand Release This Hardware Mounted Baby Gate Has A Unique Comfort Grip Handle For Easy One-Handed Release. Wipe Surface With A Damp Cloth Or Sponge Using Mild Detergent And Warm Water To Clean. Towel Dry
- Safe And Secure Have Peace Of Mind Knowing Your Baby Or Pet Can Explore Safely With This High-Quality Baby Gate From Summer. Plus The Removable Swing Stop Mechanism Wont Allow Gate To Swing Over Stairs
- Stylish Baby Gate This Decorative Baby Gate Is Made Out Of Wood With A Golden Cherry Finish So You Can Child Proof Your Home In Style. Standing 32” Tall It Is Ideal For Use With Toddlers And Small Pets
Summer Infant Deluxe Stairway Simple to Secure Wood Gate, 32” Tall Fits Openings up to 30” to 48” Wide
Regalo Heritage And Home Wooden Extra Wide Stairway And Hallway Walk Through Baby Safety Gate With Mounting Kit
- Decor Fashioned With Premium Wood And Steel To Accent Your Stairways And Keep Your Children Safe
- Extra Wide Expands To Stairways And Openings Between 23.5-42 Inches Wide. Stands 30 Inches Tall.
- 2-In-1 Perfect Top Or Bottom Of Stair Use Doorways And Hallways
- Adjustable Gate Can Quickly Be Removed Out Of The Opening For Easy Storage. Wipes Clean
- Safety Designed With Safety-Lock Meets All Safety Standard. Hardware Mount For Added Security. Perfect For Children 6-24 Months.
Introducing the Regalo Heritage and Home Wooden Extra Wide Stairway and Hallway Walk Through Baby Safety Gate! This 2-in-1 gate is perfect for stairways and doorways, and can quickly be removed out of the opening for easy storage. It is fashioned with premium wood and steel to accent your stairways and keep your children safe. The gate is adjustable, and can expand to stairways and openings between 23.5-42 inches wide. The gate stands 30 inches tall, and is perfect for children 6-24 months. Order your Regalo Heritage and Home Wooden Extra Wide Stairway and Hallway Walk Through Baby Safety Gate today!
Cumbor Baby Gate For Stairs, Extra Wide 57-Inch Dog Gate For Doorways, Pressure Mounted Walk Through Safety Child Gate For Kids Toddler, Adjustable Tall Pet Puppy Fence Gate, White
- Extra-Wide Gate Coverage – 30.5 Inch Height & Reaching A Full 57” Length When Fully Extended This Wide Baby Gate Lets You Block Off Stairways Bedroom Doors Hallways And Other Off-Limit Areas Inside Your Home For Better Child Or Pet Safety.
- Single-Hand Operation – This Tall Baby Gate Will Automatically Close Behind You To Keep Your Hands Free Locks At 90° To Provide Multiple Pass Throughs And Even Double Locks To Prevent Kids From Opening It. And All With One-Hand Operation.
- Pressure-Mounted Installation – No Need To Worry About Drilling Into Walls Or Complicated Installs. The Pressure-Mounted Design Makes It Easy To Mount Our Baby And Dog Gate Without Damaging Walls Or Surfaces.
- Heavy-Duty Carbon Steel Frame – Lightweight And Durable Our Baby Gate With Two-Way Door Can Stand Up To Growing Toddlers And Rowdy Dogs Alike. And Because It Offers A Longer Life Span With Up To 10000 Uses Per Side It Offers Long-Term Value.
- Maintain A Safer Home Space – The Most Important Reason To Install A Cumbor Baby Gate In Your House Is That It Can Help Reduce Spills And Falls Down The Stairs Potentially Minimize Injuries And Keep Growing Babies Out Of Dangerous Spaces.
Looking for a baby gate to keep your stairways and other off-limits areas safe from spills and falls? Look no further than the Cumbor Dog Gate for Stairs, Extra Wide Gate. This pressure-mounted gate is extra wide, measuring 30.5 inches wide at its widest point and reaching a full 57 inches when fully extended. It features a single-hand operation, pressure-mounted installation, and a heavy-duty carbon steel frame that can stand up to growing toddlers and rowdy dogs alike. Keep your home safe and your family safe with the Cumbor Dog Gate for Stairs, Extra Wide Gate.
Baby Gate For Doorways And Stairs, Ronbei 51.5″ Auto Close Safety Baby Gate For Kids And Pets, Extra Wide Child Gate Dog Gates For The House, Heavy Duty Metal Walk Through Door (Black)
- Positive Item 1
- Positive Item 2
- Negative Item 1
- Negative Item 2
The RONBEI 51.5″ Auto Close Safety Baby Gate is perfect for stairs doorways, hallway, kitchen & baby room ect. It has a 23.6’’ large walk-thru gate makes it easier to walk when holding your baby. The baby safety gate is mom’s great helper to keep babies in safe. The gate has a double-lock system and is pressure mounted, so it requires no tools to install. The gate is wall friendly and easy to operate.
Best Baby Gate For Stairs
Cardinal Gates SS-30 stairway Special Best baby gate. This gate made of all metal is not cheap, but the latch and frame are the strongest we have tested. Adults can open it easily, and the installation is easier than with other gates.
May be out of stock $87 from Chewy $75 from Wayfair *At the time of publishing, the price was $50.
Stairway Special, by Cardinal Gates, was the only gate tested that has all-metal construction. The latch is also made of metal, so it can withstand the weight and pressures of 180-pound people without cracking (unlike plastic gates). Even though the latch mechanism is intuitive for adults, toddlers will find it confusing. You can set it up in an unconventional angle unlike many of its rivals, which only install perpendicularly to a wall. It is therefore more adaptable. The Stairway Special requires only four screws, and it takes 20 minutes to put up. A swing stop prevents the gate’s swinging from a set or stairs.
14 Top Baby Gates for Stairs and Doorways
Safety comes first which is why baby gates should be top of mind. You can find the most stylish options here, from ultra-sturdy and chic to elegant.
Third-party products have been included to assist you in navigating and enjoying life’s greatest moments. Clicking on the link to make purchases may result in us earning a commission.
Safety should be your number one priority when raising a child. 1. When babyproofing your home is necessary, you need to find the right baby gate for staircases and doors. Baby gates create barriers between spaces to keep toddlers and infants out of dangerous places like stairs and kitchens.
Statistics show more than three million children experience an unintentional household injury every year, ranging from steam and hot-liquid burns to falls and poisonings.
Baby’s 6 month mark is when most parents start to install gates. This is because baby is likely to be mobile and eager for adventure. If baby starts exploring the world sooner than 6 months, it’s a good idea to look for baby gates that are the most effective. Some children are savvy enough to open and close baby gates at age 2, so many parents go gateless at that point. However, different children learn at different speeds so it is important to use discretion in deciding which baby gate works best for you.
There are many types of baby gates
Baby gates can be a real challenge. There are many baby gates on the market, and each one has their own advantages and drawbacks. There are many things to take into consideration when making your purchase. A variety of materials are available, such as metal, wooden and plastic baby gates. When choosing the style of mounting for your gate, consider where it will be placed. If you’re looking for stair gates or have an uneven surface, a wall-mounted option is your best bet. An easy-to-remove pressure-mounted gate works well if the baby gate is to be used on a smooth surface such as a doorway.
* Hardware-Mounted Baby Gates. Hardware-mounted baby gates can be securely mounted into your wall frames. To ensure that the gate doesn’t tip over, a bracket is installed in either the doorframe or behind-the walls. The baby-gate mount should not be screwed into plaster or drywall alone. This will cause instability.
Statistics show every six minutes, a child in the US is treated for a stairs-related injury, so it makes sense to find the most secure options available. Because they are more likely to fall over than those that have pressure mounts, hardware-mounted baby gates are better.
* Pressure-Mounted Infant Gate A pressure-mount baby gate uses an expandable spring mechanism to fix it to the wall or another surface. Most baby gates have rubber bumpers on each side that protect and hold the wall. If you are looking for the best baby gate, even the top-quality pressure-mounted models shouldn’t be used for any staircase because they could tip over. Instead, you should use pressure-mounted baby gate for flat and level areas like doors.
Whichever style you choose, be sure to check with the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association to make sure your chosen baby gate is certified for safety. The Consumer Product Safety Commission and this website can let you know about any product recalls.
These are our 2021 Top Choices for the Best Baby Gates To Use on Top & Bottom Of Stairs
Updated on September 1, 2021 by Melanie Pierce After I had children, the first time I moved to a home with a 2nd story AND a basement I knew my work would be cut out for me if I did not find a solution to those enticing steps!
It’s almost as if kids are drawn like a magnet to stairs!
Of course, there is no way for a toddler to know the danger that lies thereon, so it will likely always be an attraction.
These best baby gates for steps were designed to solve the madness of parents such as us!
There are many options to choose from, so you can keep your child safe and prevent them falling down.
Top of the Stairs Baby Gates
First, we will start with the top of the stairs.
It is the most dangerous area in your home. A gate with permanent hardware will be required.
It will not do to simply put a pressure-mount gate, as they are most likely to fail due to user error or a heavy shove.
Safety is our top priority.
These gates can be used at the top and bottom of steps.
You will discover that there are many options when it comes to choosing the right gate for the top of a stairway. Because there are so many types of staircases.
For simplicity sake, here are three options for baby gates to suit almost any situation.
Type 1: Both sides flat surfaces
You will only need to use a pressure-mount gate if you have walls either side of the stairway’s bottom. These types of gates are super easy to install and can be removed quickly when not needed.
In fact, any of the gates that we have reviewed on the page The Best Pressure Mounted Baby Gates can be used for the bottom of stairs and will do the job nicely.
You can protect your wall from damage with molded rubber wall guards. Place the foot of the gate in the wall to keep it safe.
Why we chose this gate as our pick?
This baby gate, which is pressure mounted, can be installed at the foot of stairs. There are many happy customers as well as consistent high praises for this baby gate. Its unique features, versatility and ease of use are what we love.
Fits: 28″ – 31.5″ (Expands to a maximum 38.5″ wide with two extensions included).
You can purchase additional extensions (sold separately). This baby gate is suitable for those who have flat staircases. With a lock latch mechanism, it can be opened with just one hand. Additionally, you can unlock it by turning the knob 90 degrees.
Type #2: Round posts either on one side or both
To attach the pressure-mount gates to your banisters, make sure you purchase adaptors.
Dreambaby Chelsea Auto Close Security Gate, Easy-Close Gate for North States.
It is identical to the one described in section 1. The only thing you will need is an adaptor, like the Baby Gate Guru M10 (10mm), Stair Banister Adapter Y–Spindle Rods. Check price on Amazon. Check price on Amazon Dreambaby Chelsea Auto Close Security Gate.
It is possible to choose between a pressure mount or permanent mounted gate. There are extensions available that can fill gaps of up to 111 in.
The fact that it can open both directions might seem unnecessary when used in conjunction with a stairwell…and while that is mostly true, keep in mind that it means that you can also install the gate in such a way to allow the door to open toward you to the right or turn it around and let it open toward you to the left.
This gate’s most significant feature is its ability to install on either one or both flat surfaces. You can even buy adapters that will fit over your newel posts or round balusters at the base of your stairs.
Baby Gates For Bottom Of Stairs
We all know that babies are curious, and they love to explore. Some of their curiousities are truly amazing to me. I love their obsession with the staircase. It’s almost as if they cannot resist climbing. They might be on a spy mission with each step. You could think of it as James Bond!
These curiosities and mischiefs also make them vulnerable to being in an accident. Baby-proofing is a way to avoid this. A baby gate is required for the bottom stairs.
You may wonder what baby gate is the best choice for you, considering there are many models on offer. We will be discussing various features of baby gates at the bottom of stairs, and we’ll also recommend some brands to consider. We hope it helps!
These are the Best Stair Gates for Babys in 2021
You will find that most baby gates for stairs have similar main features. It will all be about the width, the height and any extras you may need.
Therefore, most people will find that the Evenflo Secure Step Gate is the prefect choice for their needs because it provides most of the same features as the best premium gates, at a much better price. You get the best value for you money.
This gate is 30 inches tall and fits openings from 29 to 42 inches wide. The gate was made for stairs and opens in both directions.
If you want the best overall, pick the Munchkin Loft Hardware Mounted Baby Gate . The Evenflo Secure Step is compatible with this gate, as well as a double locking system. This makes it simple for parents to use, but not so easy for children. The wall-mount is quick-release, which makes it easy to remove and put back in place whenever needed. Also, it has an indexing system and tuning systems that will ensure the wall-mount fits exactly on any surface.
If you want to know more about these gates or are searching for one with unique features, keep reading.
If you have stairs in your home and you’re a parent, you already know that kids flock to these things like magnets. Like it is part of their DNA. But, parents don’t want their children to fall down the stairs. This is why you need the best staircase baby gate.
This is what I discovered the hard-way. I lived in an upstairs apartment when my oldest daughter was two years old. We always kept the door locked so Lil Miss couldn’t open the doors. Well, lo and behold, like most kids eventually do, she figured it out. After that, she went on to explore the rest of the house – all the way down the staircase! Although she was fine, that’s the first time I had heard about baby gates. I was looking for one that would be able to go up and down stairs.
What is the Best Baby Gate For Stairs I Should Look For?
When it comes to the best baby gates for stairs, you’ll find many come with the same types of features. Because most are built for stairs, you’ll find that they have the same features. However, before making your purchase, whether in-store or online, there are a few things you should ask yourself. Before you begin your journey to buy a baby gate, consider the following questions.
Criteria #1: What type of staircase do I have?
First, you should consider the type of staircase. Which type do you use? Are they odd-shaped? Are they even or tapered? Can you see a wall from one or both of them? Before you start looking for the ideal baby gate for stairs, these are some of the questions that will be important.
Criteria #2: How narrow or wide is my staircase
Measure the place you intend to use your baby gates. When measuring staircases for instance, it is important to measure both their top and bottom. This should include both the top and bottom railings. This is one important step for ensuring that your babygate fits perfectly. This list includes the top choices for narrow and extra-wide baby gates.
Criteria 3: Which type of options am I looking for?
You have many choices when it comes baby gates for stairs. There weren’t many options available when I first needed to purchase a baby gate for my top stairs. The one that we chose was a wooden, hardware-mounted gate, with wire mesh, which my daughter used to stick all of her toys. It was horrible. That was around 20 years ago. It is amazing how things have improved.
Which Baby Gate Works Best on Stairs
- BabyDan Multidan Metal Extending Safety Gate: The best all-round stair gate.
- Fred Screw Fit Clear-View Safety Stair Gate: The best stair gate for style.
- Cuggl Safety Gate: The best stair gate on a budget.
- Lindam Sure Shut Axis is the best pressure-fit stairgate.
What is the best place to put a baby gate?
Despite their downsides, many parents swear by expandable baby gates. Keep in mind that expandable baby gates are best placed at the end of the staircase, not the top. The reason is that a child’s excess weight could cause the gate or rail to fall and slip. It is a much higher fall from the top of the stairs than the bottom.Jun 22, 2014
What is the point of a Baby Gate for Stairs when you have stairs?
Gates are particularly important if you have stairs in your house. Children under 2 years old are most likely to be injured by falling from stairs. It’s ideal to install safety gates at the top and bottom of stairs, but the top is the most critical spot.
Do Pressure-Mounted Gates Work Well on Stairs?
They aren’t safe enough for use at the top of stairs. … About half of all injuries associated with safety gates involve adults who trip or fall when trying to step or jump over one.May 13, 2016.Best Baby Gate For Stairs