Top 10 Best Makeup sponges to Buy in 2020
The universe of make-up is always launching new products to facilitate the production of a flawless make. The new darling of professional and amateur, is the sponge for application databases and correctives. With many different shapes and materials, it is great to give a natural finish to the skin.
Super uncomplicated, the makeup sponges are allied perfect for day to day. Therefore, besides the famous Beauty Blender, brands like Oceane, Belliz and Real Techniques bet on that item and are in our ranking of the top 10 makeup sponges. Check out!
1. Beautyblender® Original
- SMOOTH BLEND: The award winning aqua-activated sponge grows to about twice its size when wet, and absorbs minimal product so your formula lands on your complexion and not your sponge. Bounce and blend the soft sponge to a smooth finish.
- MAKEUP SPONGE: The BEAUTYBLENDER Original is the perfect partner for any highlighter, foundation or concealer. The large rounded surface area of the sponge ensures a quick application, while the contoured tip offers precision. Perfect for anyone on the go.
- CLEANSER: Mini blendercleanser Solid is the perfect pair for your makeup sponges and brushes. This cleanser removes excess product, dirt, and oil from blenders and brushes for a clean makeup application.
- DIRECTIONS: This Mini blendercleanser Solid is super easy to use. All you need to do is wet your BEAUTYBLENDER sponge or brush, swirl the cleanser onto stains to create a lather, then rinse and squeeze to remove excess cleanser and water. Once completely dry you can use your applicator again.
- SIZE: The Mini blendercleanser Solid and sponge are the perfect size. They can fit perfectly inside your purse or travel bag so you never have to go without a clean brush or sponge.
The OG beautyblender is the original and still one of the best. Celebrities like it, as do celebrity makeup artists (Patrick Ta uses it for “almost everything”). Not only does this edgeless sponge fit all contours of your face, but its secret material protects against 99.7 per cent germs while being porous to allow foundation to melt into skin perfectly blending with natural-looking finish on top! The OG is still the king and one of the best when it comes to beautyblenders. Celebrity makeup artists are huge fans, with Patrick Ta even saying he uses them for “almost everything.” The edgeless sponge fits any contours on your face including around eyes and nose areas so you don’t waste precious product while blending foundation into skin flawlessly.One of its standout features is that secret material which helps protect against germs- 99% -and also allows products to melt right in without soaking up like a normal plastic applicator would!
2. Ecotools Total Perfecting Blender
- LIKE BLOTTING PAPERS, BUT BETTER: This face roller is made of real volcanic stone, which soaks up excess oil instantly. It’s our secret for fresh, shine-free skin any time. Use it on a clean or finished face—it won’t mess up your makeup
- MASSAGES AND MATTIFIES FACE: Rolling the stone roller across your skin feels heavenly, like a mini facial massage. Ditch your jade roller and use our 2-in-1 Mattifying face roller for oily and acne prone skin
- EASY TO USE: Gently roll the face roller ball over your T-zone or anywhere skin is shiny. That’s it
- LESS WASTE THAN BLOTTING PAPER: Unlike blotting papers for oily skin that are used once and thrown out, this oil-absorbing roller is reusable. To clean, twist the roller’s ring to unlock, and pull out the stone. Wash with a gentle cleanser, rinse, and air-dry before locking it back in
- LIVE BOLDLY WITH REVLON MAKEUP: Revlon has the quality beauty tools and high-pigment, the bold color makeup you need to be yourself. Our tools for the face, eyes, and nails are everyday essentials elevated through function, form, or and material (but still amazingly affordable)
Vegan and cruelty-free, this makeup sponge is made from sugar cane and renewable plant-based contents. Best used with liquid foundations, it has two flat surfaces of different sizes for working into all contours of the face. The large surface is perfect for bouncing on your foundation; the small side works great with cream or powder products like concealer under eyes – making blending a breeze! It’s soft when damp but dries quickly after washing so you’re ready to go in no time at all. This vegan and cruelty-free makeup sponge is made from sugar cane. The soft, flexible sponges have a rounded bottom for bouncing your foundation on, flat side great for powder application, and slim angular top ideal to blend concealer under the eyes with ease! These high quality sponges are perfect when damp or dry; they hold up well through daily washing without any scratching or shedding of bristles.
3. Morphe The Jeffree Star Beauty Sponge Trio
- SOAK IT ALL IN: Morphe's OG Highlight & Contour Beauty Sponge got a fierce makeover. This trio includes: Highlight & Contour Beauty Sponge and 2 Mini Highlight & Contour Beauty Sponges.
- BLEND THE RULES: We aren't your average beauty brand and that's the way we like it. Why fit in when you were born to stand out? Show the world your true, vivid, exploding colors. You do you. And no one else.
- WE GOT YOU, MORPHE BABE: Morphe offers a complete lineup of affordable makeup and artistry tools that includes brushes, eyeshadow palettes, foundation, concealer, lipsticks, highlighters, plus must-have influencer collabs with James Charles, Jeffree Star, Jaclyn Hill, and many more.
If you’re a big fan of baking, this makeup sponge set by beauty YouTuber and makeup artist Jeffree Star is for you (it has over 450 five-star reviews on Morphe’s website). The Highlight & Contour Beauty Sponge has an angled edge that can be used to contour your face or bake under the eyes. It comes in two sizes: small with round edges which are perfect for concealing dark circles; and large size with chiseled sides that provide more coverage when applying foundation.The review “These are hands down the BEST sponges I’ve ever used,” writes Elise from Australia about these high quality applicators. They make it easy to apply any type of product flawlessly without leaving streaks.” The Jeffree Star makeup sponge set is a must-have if you are an avid baker.The Highlight & Contour Beauty Sponge has a chiselled edge for contouring, highlighting, and baking; and the two Mini Highlight & Contour Beauty Sponges can be used for your under eyes or even to bake with. This kit comes in three sizes: perfect for all of your needs! Elise from Morphe Australia said that this “are hands down the BEST sponges I’ve ever used.” They’re super versatile so they’ll work perfectly no matter what look you need – whether it’s highlighter, bronzer or concealer on those pesky dark circles!
4. Sephora Collection All-In-One Makeup Sponge
- Smooth Blend: The award winning aqua-activated sponge grows to about twice its size when wet, and absorbs minimal product so your formula lands on your complexion and not your sponge. bounce and blend the soft sponge to a smooth finish.
- Multi Use Makeup Sponge: The original beautyblender is the perfect partner for any highlighter, foundation or concealer. the large rounded surface area of the sponge ensures a quick application, while the contoured tip offers precision. perfect for anyone on the go.
- High Quality: The original pink sponge is safe to use on your skin with non-toxic, water-soluble dyes. beautyblender sponges can last up to 6 months based on use. these blenders are cruelty free and vegan, and made in the usa.
- Flawless: The original sponge leaves you looking fresh and flawless similar to any professional-styling contouring, highlighting and concealing tool.
- Color: The original sponge comes in a classic pink. your sponge may shed dye the first few times—like a pair of jeans. but once you squeeze the water out the dye is removed as well. the dye will not transfer from the sponge onto your skin.
The name really says it all – you can use this sponge in so many ways. The flat slanted side is ideal for following the contours of the face, while its bevelled tip gets into those hard-to-reach areas like your nose and lips (don’t forget to apply concealer!). You’ll also find that with a few dabs from one end or another, powders will simply glide on over your makeup! With great reviews such as “Great product. How could I ever go without it?! Blending my make up with fingers just isn’t good enough” by Dot at Sephora customer service. The Beauty Blender is a sponge that can be used in so many ways.Wet or dry, the flat slanted side of this sponge will glide over your face with ease to make sure you get coverage everywhere while using less makeup and ensuring it blends well on any contours such as around the nose, eyes and lips (it’s also great for applying concealer). The round edge has fluffy pads which are perfect for blending powders without leaving streaks behind. Best part? It’s only $15!
5. Fenty Beauty Precision Makeup Sponge 100
You’ll never want to use another sponge again once you get your hands on this latex-free makeup sponge. With a unique shape that comes with three different edges, it can be used for everything from stippling foundation under the eyes and around the nose area to an all over blended base application of liquid, cream or powder formulas! It’s also great at creating flawless coverage when applying concealer because of its super soft material. My favorite part about this product is how versatile it is – I barely have any other sponges in my supply anymore since I’ve been using these exclusively every day! The Clemra sponge is a versatile tool for applying all types of makeup. It has one rounded side, perfect for an even application on the whole face with liquid and cream products – or to bake in powder cosmetics – as well as a slanted edge that’s great for getting around under your eyes when you want more definition.The mini-moon end can get into hard-to-reach tight corners like the concealer right below your eye area! Its unique shape makes it easy to maneuver through any skin type, too; no matter how oily or dry you are this silky design won’t make things worse/sticky by clinging onto excess product.
|Rank||Top Makeup Sponges||Quick Overview|
|1||Beautyblender® Original||The OG beautyblender is the original and still one of the best|
|2||Ecotools Total Perfecting Blender||Vegan and cruelty-free, this makeup sponge is made from sugar cane and renewable plant-based contents|
|3||Morphe The Jeffree Star Beauty Sponge Trio||If you’re a big fan of baking, this makeup sponge set by beauty YouTuber and makeup artist Jeffree Star is for you (it has over 450 five-star reviews on Morphe’s website)|
|4||Sephora Collection All-In-One Makeup Sponge||The name really says it all – you can use this sponge in so many ways|
|5||Fenty Beauty Precision Makeup Sponge 100||You’ll never want to use another sponge again once you get your hands on this latex-free makeup sponge|
How to Choose the Best Makeup Sponge
The main item that you should observe when buying a makeup sponge is the format, after all it must be consistent with what you seek to produce a beautiful make. The material and size are also features that make all the difference. Understand more to follow.
Choose sponge Format for Application Practicality
The makeup sponges are developed in various formats, from the classic drops, until the triangular format and 360. They offer convenience and a natural finish, but some are ideal for use in small areas of the face, while others are more functional.
The teardrop shape is a favorite of many professionals and is considered the best for those who want to buy a makeup sponge for the first time. With it you can apply all products with practicality and achievement beautiful skin, with very natural finish.
The wide base and rounded is perfect for the base, because it facilitates the application in large areas of the face, while the fine tip is great for corrective and detailed finishes on the skin. It achieves small regions such as the corner of the eyes and the nose and the upper lip.
The chamfered drop differs from the original smooth and flat blade that is especially suitable to set the makeup. She’s great for applying illuminating the temples and for using the contour technique, which requires more precision to pass the products.
It also has a very fine tip, you can target specific corners of the face, such as around the eyes. Already the rounded base, identical to the traditional teardrop shape, is ideal for applying products all over the face and also ensures a natural finish for the day to day.
With the curvilinear shape, this model allows more control of application and coverage in each area of the face. The tip is again good for rousing small regions, such as the corners of the eyes and nose, while the base can be used for a natural finish on large areas.
Already sponge curve area offers a matte finish on the time of application of the base, since the product accumulates in this part and comes into contact with the skin in greater quantity. Moreover, as they have this region more sunk in the middle, they are considered more comfortable to hold.
All makeup sponges types have the same size, except for the mini sponges. Found in drop sizes, 360 and triangular, they are great for corrective application in small areas such as the corner of the eyes and nose. How are small, they are not the best choice for application base.
Triangular sponges are usually super affordable and disposable, so are considered more hygienic and sold in large quantities. It’s nice to have a mini sponge in addition, since it is super practical to finalize the makeup, smudge and correct imperfections.
The flat pads, silicone, latex or polyurethane is ideal for use in liquid and cream products, in particular the base. Its format favors the application of makeup in large areas of the face, as spread by the complete product on the skin.
Although flattened, they may have different shapes: oval, drop, round or even square. Some models feature a thinner tip that facilitates the application of makeup in small areas of the face. The downside is that they are considered more difficult to handle and even uncomfortable.
Check the sponge Silicone for High Coverage, polyurethane and latex for Natural Effect
The makeup sponges are usually made of polyurethane or natural rubber, such as latex. These materials provide natural finish to make, since they tend to absorb some of the product at the time of application, so are great choices for day to day.
But those who have sensitive skin should keep an eye and avoid latex sponges, as this substance can cause irritation. To verify this information, read the description of the products. In addition to these traditional materials, there are also options in silicone, super famous in the world of makeup.
Silicone is hypoallergenic and does not absorb makeup, so it is the only material that has finished with matte effect and high coverage as well as being easy to clean. The downside is that it does not shine to the skin and may be less comfortable to hold and use.
Top 10 Best Makeup sponges
Check below the ranking that we have prepared with 10 great options makeup sponges. With models of various shapes and sizes, including product national and international brands for you to choose according to your need and makeup style that suits you.
Comparison table of the Best Makeup sponges
Sponge Makeup Mariana Saad Blend Flat
Sponge Makeup Belliz Make-Up 360
Sponge Beauty Blender Original Mini Makeup
Sponge Makeup Klasme Living Coral
Sponge Kiss New York 3D Makeup
Silicone Sponge Makeup Oceane – Silisponge Drop
Sponge Makeup Miracle Complexion
Sponge Makeup Make Silicone B
Sponge Mini Makeup
Sponge Makeup Designer Belliz
How to Clean Makeup Sponge
Sanitize your sponge frequently is important not only so that it lasts longer, but also to protect your skin. product residues and dead cells that are in the sponge contribute to bacterial growth, so let’s learn a simple way to clean your accessory:
1. Place a sponge in a half glass of water, with neutral detergent or soap liquid.
2 – Take the glass microwave for 1 minute so that the water is hot, but do not let it boil as it may spoil your accessory.
3 – Wait for the water to cool and squeeze your sponge gently to remove excess and makeup stains.
4 – Finish rinse with water.
Ready! You will notice that almost all the product will easily sponge. Do this procedure regularly, so that the stains do not be super hard to pull off.
Tal also invest in a Brush Set?
If in addition to the sponges you are looking for a complete kit of brushes to apply various products such as base, concealer, blush and shadow, check out our article. It offers great tips on how to choose a kit, so you’ll be prepared to make a beautiful look, either with a brush or sponge.
Now you know how to hit squarely in choosing a makeup sponge, is not it? In drop form, flattened, triangular and 360, the ideal sponge depends on the finish you seek. As the size and material are also super important not to miss the time of purchase.
The sponges are super practical for the application base, concealer and even dust, so they are a great investment for day to day. If your friend still does not know all these benefits and differences between the models, share our article and help her earn more practicality in the creation of makes.